Friday, September 15, 2006

What to do, What to do

There's no occurance of this recorded in the gospels. Paul never mentions it. I've read the Law of Moses three times trying to find an answer, and, quite frankly, it's just not there.

What I'm talking about is cable. Not just cable, but FREE cable. Cable that the cable company doesn't know you have. Or, if they do know, they just haven't gotten around to fixing their mistake yet. Cable that you've always wanted but never wanted to pay for, and now you have it without shelling out huge bucks.

You see yesterday Christina decided she'd rearrange the living room. (I was supposed to help, but being the wonderful wife she is, she moved it on her own to surprise me. It worked, I was pleasantly surprised). We have been blessed by Jehovah God with a HUGE television. She slid it onto a chair then slid the chair across the living room. In the process she had to unplug our cable. When she got the television in the right spot, she hooked it back up and...no t.v. The cable box that sits on our T.V. wasn't working. So when I got home from work she asked me to see if I could figure it out. So I started changing channels on our actual t.v. and saw that every channel WORKED!!! Not only did they work, but I was seeing things I had never before seen in our house with our cable box:
The History Channel
The Game Show Network
TBS
TNT
TLC (which now has cool home improvement shows that dudes can watch too)

Then the question came to my mind like a flash of lightening: do I have ESPN?
Channel down, channel down, channel down...
Do I have ESPN?
Channel down...channel down...channel down...
Do I have ESPN?
Channel down...chan...

I HAVE ESPN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ESPN 2.

Channels 3 and 4 are like Peanut Butter and Jelly, milk and cookies, hot dogs and mustard.

I had planned to take full advantage of this new-found piece of heaven by watching tonight's Yankees-Red Sox game on ESPN, but it got rained out. No big deal, I'll just catch the second game of the double-header Sunday night because I HAVE ESPN!!!

I know. Stop shaking your head, I know. WWJD? I hate those freakin' bracelets. But Jesus didn't have television. Paul didn't have television. How are we to know if this is REALLY stealing? I mean, I'm not God am I? I really cannot make such a judgement in good conscience because I was nowhere around when the foundations of the earth were laid. I have no idea where the lightening is stored. I don't know where the storehouses for the snow are located. How can I possibly pass judgment on this issue?

Not buying it, huh?

Okay, how about this: some of the teens in our youth group are slowly becoming Yankee fans. I'll have those teens over this Sunday night for a Bible study, and afterward we'll check out the Yankees-Red Sox game. IT'S MINISTRY, PEOPLE!!! And doesn't God want me to be a good minister? So wouldn't God want me to have this cable. So maybe there's a slight discrepancy in the price, but look at the money I'm saving that can go to the church.

Need I say more? Obviously God WANTS me to have this cable. God would be sad if I didn't have it. I don't know about you, but I don't want to make God sad.

But apparently my wife does. She thinks I should call the cable company and explain what's going on. She thinks that what we're doing is wrong. Well, Job's wife thought what he was doing was wrong, but he stayed faithful to God's calling. So that's what I'm going to do. Christina is essentially asking me to "curse God and die" but I'm not going to curse God, and I'm not going to die. I'm going to watch the Giants and Cardinals play in place of the Yankees-Red Sox game. I'm going to learn how to "Flip" a house on TLC. And I'm going to watch over 20 hours a day of Law and Order on TBS. And why? Because it's God's will.

Right?

Am I right?

I'll call the cable company on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home