Saturday, January 06, 2007

SPAM - Not the Kind In a Can

The Jones family just returned from what has become our traditional holiday world tour. We drove up to Dulles airport in DC, flew to Houston, drove to Christina's folks' house in Belton, stayed a few days, went to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, back to Belton, picked up a rental car in Austin, drove to Colorado Springs, CO, drove to Midland, TX, back to Belton, then to Austin, then flew home to Virginia, all in the span of about 11 days. It was a bit crazy.

When we got home yesterday I came to the office for a few hours because I knew what would be waiting for me - email. I cannot check my email away from my office computer, so for almost two weeks my inbox filled with spam telling me everything I need to know about buying stock, enlarging certain areas of my male anatomy, and some other random junk. I decided I would see exactly how much was spam and how much was "real" email. Here's the tally

TOTAL EMAIL RECEIVED: 437
SPAM: 402
REAL: 35

Yes, 402 spam messages. I think I need to do something about my spam guard. The ironic thing is that no spam was in my spam folder. And of the 35 "real" email, over half were in my SPAM folder!! It's like having a guard dog that barks at trees and not intruders.

Anyway, it's always good to be back home. It was wonderful seeing our family back in the Lone Star State, but it's nice to return to our church family. I pray you had a wonderful holiday season and feel refreshed as we enter a new year with new opportunities to serve in God's Kingdom.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Best Family said...

glad you guys are back among the land of the less frequent bathroom visitors! Wish we could have seen y'all while you were here!
~summer
ps - I hate spam!!!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cory-
i love reading your blog. it just "speaks to me!". Thanks for sharing your thoughts about patience (in a couple of posts)...Korben has been playing a new game the last couple of days called "Yell (not cry, just yell) as loud and as long as you can until Mommy comes to pick you up"...fun, real fun. I came to your blog for encouragement :)

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home