Saturday, February 03, 2007

Cory Jones - Bad Luck Charm

I finally got to see a Duke basketball game - LIVE!! It wasn't at Cameron Indoor Stadium (Duke's home court), but it was at the amazing new John Paul Jones arena in Charlottesville at UVA. This past Thursday I went to see the game with a friend and, wouldn't you know it, Duke lost in overtime on a last-second shot. It was a REALLY exciting game and it was cool to see all the UVA students rush the floor after the game, but it got me thinking - how many of my teams have lost when I'm in the audience? For those of you who don't know, "my teams" are the New York Yankees, the Duke Blue Devils (basketball), and the Michigan Wolverines (football). Here's my record as best I can remember:

New York Yankees: 2-2 at Yankee stadium when I'm in attendance, 3-4 at Camden Yards when I've gone to see them play the Baltimore Orioles

Michigan Wolverines: 0-1 - Craig Wilson and I saw them lose to the Minnesota Golden Gophers on a game-winning field goal with time expiring.

Duke Blue Devils: 0-1

Apparently I bring a bit of bad luck to the teams I love so dearly.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i hate you, by the way. I told R that I would have hated you forever, except 1)It wasn't at Cameron and 2) it wasn't against UNC. I still hate you a little, though.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Ahh, jealousy rears its ugly head.

8:35 AM  
Blogger CoryJones said...

Sorry, I wrote that but it was under Christina's name.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home