Monday, June 11, 2007

Imaginary Team

Some children have imaginary friends or even pets. Levi has an imaginary baseball team that lives here in our house. "The Players," as they're known, frequently need rides to games, water after practice, or a place to sleep. The other night after Levi got out of the bathtub I asked him to put on his "big boy undies." I walked into his room and he was tugging on the end of his shirt until it was almost at his knees. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I don't want the players to see my privates."

Today we were going to Titus' doctor appointment and on the way Levi was in the middle of telling me a story. In the middle of a sentence he stopped, reached in his pocket, pulled out an imaginary cell phone and said, "Oh, just a second Daddy, it's one of the players." The rest of the way to the doctors office he had a conversation" about why it's important to hit the ball as hard as you can and run as fast as you can after you hit it. We're talking a good 5 minute imaginary conversation. I was pretty impressed.

Kids are fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger April said...

You gotta love that imagination!
Ty's latest thing is imagining puppets (I think he got it from VBS)..it's kinda freaky at the same time. Anyways I'm sure in the next week they will exchange all kinds of good and bad habits getting to spend some much time together at grandma camp! When I told Ty that Levi was going to be there..he said, " can I go RIGHT NOW?"

12:05 AM  
Blogger CoryJones said...

I don't know which is more freaky - imaginary puppets or imaginary grown men living in your house. Oh well. Glad the boys get to be together at the grandparents' house.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home