Thursday, August 23, 2007

Crazy Days

We're in crunch time now leading up to our big move to the Lone Star State. I'm trying to leave everyone involved in the youth ministry with enough information to keep things rolling until a new youth minister is found and we're working like mad trying to keep our house clean and in excellent condition to sell. That's been stressful on us.

We also have a lot of things to look forward to. I'm excited about the new church in Houston, the new staff, the new teens, the new volunteers, etc. I'm excited about being able to just shoot up Hwy. 290 to Austin to see my sister or a little further north to see Christina's parents. I'm excited to live in the same town as Christina's sister and her family. It'll be fun getting to hang out with my brother-in-law, Jeff, on a regular basis. I'm excited about being in a big city with an NFL team (sort of), an NBA team, and a major league team. I can't wait to take the boys to their first pro football game.

On the other side of the coin I'm struggling to think of anything I won't be sad about leaving behind here in Richmond. Life as we have known it for the past six years will be in our rear view mirror in just a couple short weeks. Transitions are hard and this is no exception. Richmond is a wonderful place and we will always think of it as part of our home, even when we're living a thousand miles away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home