Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Trifecta

I finished three books within a span of about two weeks. Not that I read three books that quickly, I just happened to finish the three I've been reading around the same time.

I finished Philip Yancey's "Prayer - Does It Make a Difference." What a book!! It has challenged me to consider my prayer life and become more purposeful with my prayers and my perception of God at work in the world.

I finished Don Miller's "Blue Like Jazz" given to me by some wonderful people. Again, I was inspired, challenged, and changed by that book. Miller's personal telling of his spiritual journey has inspired me to look for God everywhere and to begin to discover what God is passionate about, not what we are told as Christians to be passionate about.

I finished Joel Sherman's "The Birth of a Dynasty," the story of the '96 Yankees. That was an incredible year that set the stage for four World Series victories. What astounded me is the relevance of EVERYTHING in baseball. Every pitch has meaning and will ultimately decide the course of the game; every trade can impact a season for a team; every player has his role and will, at some point, cause something terrific or terrible to happen to his team.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

My internet and email have been down at the office since Monday. It's rather annoying because I'm a habitual email checker. I feel lost.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Lost comes on tonight. I can't WAIT to see what they do with Locke's story.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Titus still has a double ear infection. It's been going on for a few weeks now and we're on our third antibiotic. If you have a moment, please pray for our little guy. He hasn't been himself lately and we're ready to have our happy man back.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Best Family said...

I feel totally lost without my internet...
Poor little Titus! Bryson had a constant ear infection for about 4 months... we finally got tubes and he is a totally new little guy! Hope he feels better soon!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home