Monday, October 30, 2006

Humble Yourself in the Sight of the Baby

Yesterday in my sermon I mentioned the story of David taking a census. The reason he took the census was to pat himself on the back, glorify himself, show everyone how mighty he is, etc. It was out of sheer pride. So, God forced him to choose between three years of famine, three months of war, or three days of plague as a way to wipe out some of those David was so proud of.

This morning, I was quite proud of myself for having breakfast served, laundry going, dishes put away, etc. all before 9:00 a.m. So, around 9:10 as I'm giving Titus his bottle I hear "squuuiiirrrttt." And running down the leg of my favorite black track pants is the greenish, brownish ooze that is baby poo. So I hold Titus out straight by his armpits and waddle to the changing table and get him cleaned up. Around 9:20 after getting everyone cleaned up I feel a warm wetness on my shirt. Yup, spit up. But not just regular spit up, we're talking the entire 4 ounces he just drank, mostly curdled, are now soaking through my shirt.

It would seem God has a way of humbling you no matter what you're feeling prideful about.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Best Family said...

you are such a great daddy! I am laughing out loud as I picture the 'waddle' to the changing table :-)

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home