Friday, October 13, 2006

Some Random Things

I don't really have anything to write about, but in order to keep fresh, I'll share these random things with you:

1. Levi and I have been playing a lot of "Ark." With this game we take all of his animals inside his plastic Noah's ark and line them up in the living room. Then, one-by-one, they all go to a plastic tree to get their "tickets" to ride on the Ark. Even Noah and his wife have to get tickets. Each time they have to hurry because "the rain is coming." The funny thing is that he never lets his dinosaur toys on the Ark. Maybe that IS how the dinosaurs became extinct!!!

2. Tonight we went to a high school football game with two guys from the youth group (Deep Run Wildcats vs. Freeman Rebels). It was 40 degrees outside and I saw my breath for the first time since early March. It was fun to be out in the cold weather again.

3. I got into a "blog war" recently with a guy who is convinced that Dennis Eckersley is the greatest closer of all time (the closer is the guy in baseball who comes in at the end of the game when his team is winning). I think (along with everyone else who knows ANYTHING about baseball) that honor goes to Mariano Rivera of the New York Yankees. I think I ended it today though. It was taking up a LOT of my time because I was constantly looking up stats, histories, etc. I rather enjoyed it, but I suppose I also need to work and be with my son.

4. I've just about finished reading the book "Between a Rock and a Hard Place." It's the story of the hiker that amputated his own arm after getting trapped by a boulder. I highly recommend the book, although it can get a bit long in parts because he describes everything in incredibly precise detail. But reading about the way his body reacted to being trapped for almost six days, and what it finally took to drive him to cut off his own arm, are amazing to read. I don't know, I guess maybe I could do it. Easy to say on this side of the story.

5. I'm still a little disappointed by the Yankees early exit from the playoffs, but I've enjoyed watching baseball games for the sake of seeing good baseball, not to cheer for one team or another. Right now the Mets and Cardinals are in a great battle. The Tigers are up 3 games to none on the A's, and the Mets are up 1 game to none on the Cardinals. My World Series prediction is Tigers vs. Mets, with the Tigers winning in 5 games. Their pitching is just way too good.

6. I really, REALLY, miss my wife and Titus. I'm ready for them to be home; although I really am enjoying my time with Levi. If any of you are reading this at ACU's homecoming, have a great time. And if you run into Christina and Titus, tell them I said hello. Oh, and if you see Royce Money, tell him Cory says, "What's up". He'll understand.

Okay, bedtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home