Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Mom's Have It Rough

Today is one of those days that makes me appreciate stay-at-home mom's.

Just before lunch I was changing Titus' diaper when Levi said he needed to go poopoo. So I told him to go and I would be there shortly after to help. While I have his old diaper off, getting ready to put the new one on, Titus decides that HE needs to go poopoo too. *****WARNING: THE SQUEEMISH AND EASILY DISGUSTED SHOULD STOP READING NOW*****So he launches the greenish-brown, mostly liquid baby poo across the changing pad and all over my hand (actually the new diaper managed to catch a good amount of it). I let out a long "Ooooohhhh maaaaaannnnn." Levi, having decided he did NOT need to go poopoo, hears my distress and comes in asking, "What's the matter?" I said, "Titus pooped on my hand." As I say this I look down to see Levi's hands solid white and his hair streaked with the same white color. I said, what's on your hands and in your hair?"

Any guesses?

Toothpaste. He'd squeezed toothpaste into his hands, which he smeared like soap, then he ran his hands through his hair as though it was shampoo.

I got everyone cleaned up, fed and ready to relax for the afternoon. I got Levi to lay down and went to get Titus out of his swing. He was sleeping so I was trying to be as quiet as possible. When I lifted the front tray, I pinched my middle finger between the tray and the swing and let out an "Aggghhhh!!!!!" It scared Titus and he woke up in a frightened fit.

So I walked with him for a while trying to get him to go to sleep. I was doing laundry and he started dozing off again. The washer got off-balanced so I went to try and correct and when I did - while still holding Titus - my index finger on my right hand got smashed when the washer jerked from being off-balanced. Again, I let out another, "Aggghhhh!!!!!" Again, Titus woke up crying.

Now Titus is sleeping in his crib and Levi is asking to get out of bed even though rest time is not over. I was hoping to have the house cleaned and sit outside in the 60-degree sunshine and read my book this afternoon. Something tells me that won't happen. I admire you mom's who make this look so easy.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Best Family said...

been there, been there, been there! Except there were times when I was also pregnant and so I would be puking in between cleaning up the messes! I am laughing out loud as I read your post! You sound like such a great daddy! And kudos to you for appreciating stay-at-home mommies!!

1:29 PM  
Blogger CoryJones said...

Fortunately for me, I'm not pregnant, but I was somewhat close to puking.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home